15 Social Media Tips for Beginners!
1. Use imagery in your posts – Studies show that people respond far more often to visual media these days.
2. Post regularly – Logging in and posting every once in a while is not going to cut it.
3. Respond – Spend time to reply to all of the comments you receive from others. This will help you connect with your target audience.
4. Avoid overselling – Don’t try too hard to sell your products and services. People dislike pushy salespeople.
5. Be careful when using hashtags – While you want to use them to increase user engagement, using too many can be detrimental.
6. Stay on point – Always keep things relevant. Going too far off topic will reduce user interest.
7. Don’t kick back – Don’t respond negatively to bad feedback. You’ll never win at this! Make sure to respond and stay professional.
8. Don’t get too verbose! – Long messages tend to make readers head for the exits.
9. Respond to comments – Whatever you do don’t disable comments. Instead engage here and show them just how much you value their contribution.
10. Use tools – Scheduling posts with tools can help you manage your posting more efficiently, especially when you need to be absent. Think Hootsuite, Buffer and a few others.
11. Post videos – People love them and it makes your content more shareable.
12. Focus your efforts – Pick a few social media platforms to concentrate on and do those well, rather than spreading yourself too thin attempting to hit everyone. Consider the majors like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
13. Vary your content – Keep your channels fresh with diverse types of content. Join and expose your content to various relevant groups within the platform.
14. Be generous – Everyone likes a deal, and offering them to your social audience is an excellent way to gain trust and shares.
15. Keep it light – Don’t forget this can be fun! Don’t hesitate to be a little edgy, and not so PC!